Anger is an emotion that needs to be trained, tamed and kept in-check; it has to be controlled. It is an emotion that requires balance and moderation; a middle way. Here are few hadees which explains how to deal with anger as propounded by Prophet himself
- When you’re angry and upset, remember the following: the Prophet ﷺ said, “Indeed anger is from Satan and Satan has been created from fire. So if one of you becomes angry, make wuḍū albution
2 When angry, upset, and frustrated, silence can be golden. The Prophet ﷺ said, “When one of you becomes angry, remain silent.”
- The Prophet ﷺ said, “Whoever swallows their anger while having the ability to act upon it, Allah will fill him with security and faith.”
- The Prophet ﷺ said, “The strong person is not one who overcomes you. A true strong person is one who is able to control himself when angry.”
- “What is the worst thing that one incurs concerning Allah?” The Prophet ﷺ replied, “His wrath.” The man then asked, “How do we avoid it?” The Prophet ﷺ said, “Do not become angry.”
- The Prophet ﷺ said, “Part of the perfection of one’s Islam is his leaving that which does not concern him.” Simple words, mind your own business.