By Muslim Mirror Staff
New Delhi: As least 18 Muslim candidates have so far won the assembly elections in Bihar. Six of them belong to the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD), five belong to the All India Majlis-E-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) and other four candidates belong to the Congress party. Out of the remaining three ones, two belongs to CPI Liberation and the last one belongs to the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP).
The following list of 18 winning Muslim candidates has been prepared with the help of the data available on the Election Commission of India website.
- Candidate Party Constituency Margin
- SHAMIM AHMAD RJD Narkatia 25485
- ALI ASHRAF SIDDIQUI RJD Nathnagar 10413
- MOHAMMAD NEHAL RJD Rafiganj 9219
- YUSUF SALAHUDDIN RJD Bakhtiarpur 4147
- Saud Alam RJD Thakurganj 20087
- MOHAMMAD ISRAIL RJD Kanti 8990
- AKHTARUL IMAN AIMIM Armour 43720
- MOHAMMAD ANZAR AIMIM Bahadurganj 17309
- Ruknuddin Ahmad AIMIM Baisi 15577
- SHAHNAWAZ AIMIM Jokihat 7383
- MUHAMMED IZHAR ASFI AIMIM Kochadhaman 31314
- ABIDUR RAHMAN Congress Araria 42616
- SHAKEEL AHMAD Congress Kadwa 3741
- AFAQUE ALAM Congress Kasba 2686
- IJAHARUL HUSAIN Congress Kishanganj 11887
- Quyamuddin Ansari CPI Liberation Arrah 819
- MAHBOOB ALAM CPI Liberation Balrampur 53597
- MOHD. ZAMA KHAN BSP Chainpur 24294
As the counting is still on, there is a strong likelihood of more Muslim candidates winning the elections. It is worth mentioning that Mashkoor Usmani who was fielded by the Congress from Jale have lost.