As you all know, yesterday went down in history as the first Muslim Women’s Day ever! It was so incredible seeing social media users flood the internet with messages of love and solidarity. Honestly, everyday should be Muslim Women’s Day, right?
Here are some organizations that took part in the #MuslimWomensDay conversation:
1. Partner HerCampus made a beautiful graphic to go with personal essays from young Muslim women members of their collegiate chapters
2. IRUSA has been doing incredible work to help Muslim women around the world
3. When even Sesame Street shows some love.
4. The Burma Task Force used the hashtag to raise awareness of an underrepresented problem
5. An amazing Muslim women’s organization showing support to an unlikely hero
6. Equality for HER made custom illustrations celebrating Muslim women
7. And, of course, our very own city gave a shout!
Keep an eye out for more of our #MuslimWomensDay faves all over social media!