Following on from the quotes of Umar Ibn al-Khattab, I’ve decided that it is time to add 20 more of the quotes of Umar Farooque (R.A). Especially as the last post was very popular and unique.
Unique in the sense that those quotes weren’t copied and pasted from other articles similar to the quotes of Umar. Not that any of my other posts are plagiarised 🙂
This is also the continuation of the Umar Series, a section dedicated to the quotes of Umar and other attributes of the great man inspired by the televised programme broadcast over Ramadan entitled ‘Omar Series’ from MBC.
As well as having quotes of Umar, there will also be further posts on quotes by other great Sahabas such as Ali Ibn Abu Talib, Abu Bakr and Uthman. So make sure you sign up to receive instant updates of all great Islamic content from topislamic.com. To sign up just enter your email on the sidebar and then check your inbox for further instructions.
As I’ve mentioned in the other post about Umar Ibn Al-Khattab, these quotes are taken from the biography of Umar Farooque by Prof. Masud ul-Hasan. Which you can buy Here.
Below you’ll find 20 more quotes of Umar. I really hope that these inspire us to be better Muslims and we can apply some of the great wisdom in our own lives.
Quotes of Umar Ibn Al-Khattab
In addition to the previous 35 great sayings of Umar, here are 20 more.
- “Before Allah, that is the best dinner which people eat together.”
- “As long as you are pure of heart, you speak the truth.”
- “The pilgrims are the delegations of Allah.”
- “If your ruler is just, praise Allah; if he is unjust, pray to Allah to rid you of him.”
- “Allah is happy with such rulers whose slaves are under their control.”
- “Forgive the people so that Allah may forgive you.”
- “Prefer for the people what you prefer for yourself. Which you do not wish for yourself, do not impose on others.”
- “In the eyes of Allah he is the best ruler who has secured prosperity and comfort for the people.”
- “That ruler is most accursed whose misconduct leads to distress of the people.”
- “Every ruler should keep his door open to the people.”
- “Understand the teachings of the Holy Quran for that is the source of knowledge.”
- “Relate as few traditions as possible, lest by being involved in traditions the people overlook the Quran.”
- “All the injunctions of Islam are based on reason.”
- “The way to express gratitude to Allah is to give Zakat out of the property He has bestowed on you.”
- “In my view your greatest obligation is to offer prayers. He who fulfills this obligation with great regularity will be secure in his religion.”
- “He who sleeps without offering the night prayer, may he never enjoy a sound sleep.”
- “Women should offer Zakat on their ornaments.”
- “Blessed are those who are martyred in the way of Allah.”
- “In the preparation of Islam, commit no excess.”
- “Without consultation, the Caliphate is unlawful.”
That concludes part two of the quotes of Umar (r.a). If you would like to read the book from which these quotes have been taken you can find it here: Hadrat Umar Farooq: His Life and Works.
Read the first part of the Quotes which has 35 more.
Please let me know what you think by leaving your comments.