Ramadan is the blessed month in which reward for good deeds is increased undoubtedly. Sin committed during this holy month is worse and more serious than a sin committed at any other time. So we all should try to avoid doing sins and maximize our good deeds for gaining great rewards from Allah Almighty. As Allah Almighty says in Holy Quran: “Whoever brings a good deed shall have ten times the like thereof to his credit, and whoever brings an evil deed shall have only the recompense of the like thereof, and they will not be wronged” (Quran, 6:160)
Therefore, Ramadan is the time to gain great rewards by doing good deeds as our good deeds get multiplied in this blessed month. We should try to act according to Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and perform good deeds as much as we can during Ramadan. As we all know that Ramadan is the perfect timing to develop a habit of doing good deeds that will even live with us after the month is over. Don’t think that a small good deed is nor worthy because no good deed is too small, especially during this Blessed Month of Ramadan.
Good Deeds for Ramadan
Below are some easy and small good deeds for you to make the most out of this blessed month of Ramadan.
- Smile! As we are so lucky to see another Ramadan. Our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said: “When you smile to your brother’s face, it is charity.” So we can say that Smiling is a Sunnah and it brings positivity to us.
- Earn a thousand good deeds in minutes. Our beloved Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said: “Is anyone of you incapable of earning one thousand Hasanah (rewards) a day?” Someone from the gathering asked, “How can anyone of us earn a thousand Hasanah?” Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said: “Glorify Allah a hundred times by just saying “Subhanallah” and a Good deeds will be written for you, or a thousand sins will be wiped away.” (Muslim)
- Sitting after Fajr while remembering Allah Almighty until sunrise is one of the good deeds that we can do the blessed month of Ramadan. “Whoever prays Fajr in the congregation, then sits remembering Allah until sunrise, then prays 2 Rakats of salat has a complete reward of (Nafil) Hajj and Umrah.” (Tirmidhi)
- Providing food for breaking the fast is one of the good deeds that we should perform in Ramadan. “Whoever provides food for breaking of the fast for a fasting person receives the reward of the fasting person, without the reward of the fasting person being reduced in any way.” (Tirmidhi)
- One of the most important good deeds having greatest reward is standing in prayer on Lailatul Qadr. In Holy Quran Allah Almighty says: “Lailatul Qadr is better than a thousand months.”(Quran,97:3)
- Abu Huraira (RA) narrated that the Prophet (PBUH) said: “Whoever says one hundred times in a day: “La ilaha illal-lah wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahu-l-mulk wa lahu-l-hamd wa huwa ‘ala kulli shai’in qadir,” he will get the same reward as given for manumitting ten slaves; and one hundred good deeds will be written in his accounts, and one hundred sins will be deducted from his accounts, and it (his saying) will be a shield for him from Satan on that day till night, and nobody will be able to do a better deed except the one who does more than he.”(Bukhari)
- Asking from Allah Almighty to forgive all Muslims. By doing so we can get a reward for every believer we make dua for. Since it is Ramadan then we get 70 good deeds for every believer we make dua for. So for simple dua taking a few seconds will give us BILLIONS of good deeds!
- Performing I’tikaaf is one of the greatest good deeds in the blessed month of Ramadan.
- Reciting the Quran is the best deed that we can do in the holy month of Ramadan. Some can easily recite it while some face difficulty while reciting it for those Aisha (RA) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, “The one who is proficient in the recitation of the Quran will be with the honorable and obedient scribes (angels) and he who recites the Quran and finds it difficult to recite, doing his best to recite it in the best way possible, will have a double reward.” (Bukhari)
- Be good to your neighbors send iftar for them.
- Visit the sick and love others for the sake of Allah Almighty. “There is no Muslim who visits a sick Muslim early in the morning but 70 thousand angles send blessings upon him until evening comes, and if he visits him in the evening,70 thousand angles send blessings upon him until morning comes, and he will have a garden in paradise.” (Tirmidhi)
- Pray without distraction and quit all bad habits.
- Perform Umrah and give charity to needy people as much as you can.
- Develop a habit of following and performing Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (SAW).
- Try to finish a chapter of Quran daily and also make a habit of praying Taraweeh.
- Invite your friends and family members on Iftar and Suhoor.
- Pray Tahajjud and never stop making dua.
- Forgive those who did wrong to you and attend an Islamic discussion circle.
- Make dhikr and say good words to others but make sure they are true.
- Show special appreciation to parents, spouse and children.
- Calculate zakat and pay in this month. It is recommended to pay zakat in Ramadan, besides the extra reward for deeds, it makes it easier to remember when to pay.
These were some very simple and easy good deeds that can be performed by us and gain the multiple rewards in this blessed month of Ramadan. Remember the gates of heaven are opened, the shaytan is chained and every good deed you do is greatly rewarded. Don’t let the fast get to you, remember the holiness of this month, and remember the blessings of this month because the fact is it is the best time for us to repent.