Dua is a form of worship and also one of the simplest forms to connect with Allah Almighty. For seeking Allah’s (SWT) blessings we should make Dua. Although prayer is the fundamental form of worship Dua is also a form of worship that we can make anywhere anytime. Islam encourages believers to indulge in different forms of worships in which we have offering Nawafils, Quran recitation and making Dua are some different ways of additional worshiping.
There are many Duas from the Holy Quran that we can use to make our faith stronger; many such Quranic Duas are ones that were used by great Prophets when they prayed to Allah Almighty. We should also remember these Duas and try to make them in our daily life for getting blessings from Allah Almighty. Muslims should also know about the importance of making dua as stated one of the hadiths of Prophet Muhammad (SAW): “Verily your Lord is Generous and Shy. If His servant raises his hands to Him (in supplication) He becomes shy to return them empty.” (Tirmidhi)
Below we will discuss some important duas from Holy Quran which will be very helpful for our daily life.
- For Allah’s Mercy: Allah is Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem if you think you have every committed a sin, no matter how big it is, make sure you seek His refuge, so you can live peacefully under the shade of His blessings. Recite this Dua and seek Allah’s mercy:
رَبَّنَا آتِنَا مِن لَّدُنكَ رَحْمَةً وَهَيِّئْ لَنَا مِنْ أَمْرِنَا رَشَدًا
“Our Lord, grant us from Yourself mercy and prepare for us from our affair right guidance.” (Quran, 18:10)
- For Purification: We are surrounded by the filth like vulgarity and nudity and interest in this era. Somehow all of us are the victims of these filthy things, so we should ask Allah to make us pure will help to eradicate the useless thoughts coming in our mind. Make this Dua from Allah (SWT):
رَبَّنَا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَكَفِّرْ عَنَّا سَيِّئَاتِنَا وَتَوَفَّنَا مَعَ الأبْرَارِ
Our Lord! Forgive us, then, our sins, and efface our bad deeds; and let us die the death of the truly virtuous! (Quran, 3:193)
- For Strengthening your Imaan: This world is full of temptations and Haram things. Satan is free, violating our souls. We have to protect our Imaan, and for that, we need to seek Allah’s help by reciting this dua.
رَبَّنَا لاَ تُزِغْ قُلُوبَنَا بَعْدَ إِذْ هَدَيْتَنَا وَهَبْ لَنَا مِن لَّدُنكَ رَحْمَةً إِنَّكَ أَنتَ الْوَهَّابُ
[Who say], “Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower.” (Quran, 3:8)
- Asking Allah to Make You a Righteous Person: Earning Jannah is not an easy task; continuously asking Allah to make you among the righteous person. Moreover, making an effort to be a better person can make all of this happen. Recite this Dua from Allah Almighty:
رَبَّنَا لاَ تَجْعَلْنَا مَعَ الْقَوْمِ الظَّالِمِينَ
“Our Lord, do not place us with the wrongdoing people.” (Quran, 7:47)
- For Good Spouse/Children: Mostly people ask about “How they can get a good Husband or Wife” or anything that can make them conceive children. Quran has all the answers to their queries. For a good spouse and children recite this Dua:
رَبَّنَا هَبْ لَنَا مِنْ أَزْوَاجِنَا وَذُرِّيَّاتِنَا قُرَّةَ أَعْيُنٍ وَاجْعَلْنَا لِلْمُتَّقِينَ إِمَامًا
“Our Lord, grant us from among our wives and offspring comfort to our eyes and make us an example for the righteous.” (Quran, 25:74)
- For Easiness when facing Hardship: Always seek help from Allah (SWT) no matter you are in which difficult situation either big or small. Recite this dua from Allah (SWT):
رَبَّنَا وَلاَ تُحَمِّلْنَا مَا لاَ طَاقَةَ لَنَا بِهِ وَاعْفُ عَنَّا وَاغْفِرْ لَنَا وَارْحَمْنَآ أَنتَ مَوْلاَنَا فَانصُرْنَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ
Our Lord! Make us not bear burdens which we have no strength to bear! “And efface Thou our sins, and grant us forgiveness, and bestow Thy mercy upon us! Thou art our Lord Supreme: succor us, then, against people who deny the truth!” (Quran, 2:286)
- Dua for Patience: All of us are careless in making decisions; we do not have patience, while Allah (SWT) loves the Patient one as in Holy Quran Allah says: “Allah is with the people who do Sabr”. So always try to be patient and make this dua for patience:
رَبَّنَا أَفْرِغْ عَلَيْنَا صَبْرًا وَثَبِّتْ أَقْدَامَنَا وَانصُرْنَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ
Our Lord! “Shower us with patience in adversity, and make firm our steps, and succor us against the people who deny the truth!” (Quran, 2:250)
- Dua for Afterlife/Hereafter: Being a Muslim we believe that all of us have to die and we will be gathering on the Day of Judgment in front of Allah with all the Good and bad deeds we have done in the life. So make this dua for hereafter from Allah Almighty:
رَبَّنَا آتِنَا فِي الدُّنْيَا حَسَنَةً وَفِي الآخِرَةِ حَسَنَةً وَقِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ
“O our Sustainer! Grant us good in this world and good in the life to come, and keep us safe from suffering through the fire” (Quran, 2:201)
In short, making dua in front of Allah Almighty more than often is one of the best ways of seeking His Mercy and Guidance. Therefore, in addition to praying after every prayer, a Muslim must supplicate to Allah more often especially in times of need.