Third Ashra of Ramadan starts from 21st Ramadan and ends 29th or 30th Ramadan. The last 10 days of Ramadan are blessed and superior as Lailatul Qadr falls in these days and Muslims also practice Itikaf and try to maximize their prayers. Third Ashra is safety from the Hell which means Nijat. End of Ramadan is about seeking in Allah Almighty from Hellfire. Every Muslim must pray for the safety of Hellfire. Allah Almighty says in Holy Quran: “We sent it (Quran) down on a blessed Night. Verily, We are ever warning. Therein (in that Night) is decreed every matter of ordainment. Amran (i.e. a command or this Quran or His Decree of every matter) from Us. Verily, We are ever sending (the Messenger) (As) a Mercy from your Lord” (Quran, 44: 3). Any action done on this night such as reciting the Quran, remembering Allah, offering Nawafil etc. is better than acting for one thousand months which do not contain the night of Qadr.
Our beloved Prophet (SAW) strive himself in devotion during the last ten nights of Ramadan in extent more than any other time. The blessed night Lailatul Qadr can be found in any of the last 10 nights of Ramadan, which are the most blessed nights of the year. So, we should increase our worship and devotion during this period. Aisha (RA) reported that Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said: “Look for Lailatul Qadr on an odd-numbered night during the last ten nights of Ramadan” (Bukhari).
So there is still time for us to reclaim ourselves during the last 10 days of Ramadan. One should not miss this opportunity otherwise will regret it forever. We should strive to seek out the night of power which is hidden in one of the last 10 nights of Ramadan, especially in the odd-numbered nights.
Worship plan to maximize the last 10 days of Ramadan
Below is the worship plan with the help of which we can maximize the blessings of the last 10 days of Ramadan.
- Itikaf is the seclusion in the Mosque with the intention of getting closer to Allah Almighty by doing constant remembrance, glorification, and worship of Allah. Aisha (RA) reported that our beloved Prophet (SAW): “Used to perform Itikaf in the last ten days of Ramadan until Allah the Mighty & Majestic, took him”(Bukhari). Both men and women can perform Itikaf. From the hadith, it is clear that Itikaf is the great Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) we should try to implement the Sunnah of Muhammad (SAW) in our lives for getting blessings and rewards from Allah (SWT).
- Try to worship all nights of the last 10 days of Ramadan if you want to catch the incredible rewards of Lailatul Qadr from Allah Almighty. Each and every good deed from the Maghreb until Fajr on Lailatul Qadr has rewarded a minimum of at least 83 years’ of worship.
- Recite this dua which is the best dua for last 10 nights of Ramadan. Aisha (RA) said: I asked the Messenger of Allah: ‘O Messenger of Allah if I know what night is the night of Qadr, what should I say during it?’ He said: ‘Say: اَللَّهُمَّ اِنَّكَ عَفُوٌّ ، تُحِبُّ الْعَفْوَ فَاعْفُ عَنِّي (O Allah, You are pardoning and You love to pardon, so pardon me)’ “(Tirmidhi).
- Recite the Holy Quran as much as you can during the last 10 days of Ramadan. This is a great time to put your knowledge into practice which you have learned from Noble Quran. What better time to recite the Quran than in ones of the very nights it was revealed that is the night of Power (Lailatul Qadr).
- The last ten days are a basis to make our bond stronger with Allah Almighty and to attain Taqwa. So this is the final step to seek forgiveness, getting closer to Allah Almighty and ask Him to release us from Hellfire. One can recite Adhkar and Duas for this purpose.
- The best way of getting closer to Allah (SWT) during the last 10 days of Ramadan is by offering the voluntary prayers. Therefore we should strive to pray as many Nawafils as possible during the last 10 days and nights of Ramadan in order to get closer to Allah Almighty. The most rewarding Nawafil prayer is the Tahajjud. In Ramadan, each Nawafil prayer carries the reward of a fard prayer.
- Eat light and hydrate well as you will be staying up until Fajr, the more you eat, the harder it will be for you to stay up and the less productive you will be. On the other hand, keep some water with you at all times this will help you stay up, feel energized and refreshed and have a clearer mind.
- Pay Zakat (Charity) in this blessed month of Ramadan. Many Muslims plan to pay this obligatory pillar of Islam yearly at some point in Ramadan, to benefit from the greater spiritual reward attached to charity during the month.
- We should increase our remembrance of Allah (SWT) during the last 10 days of Ramadan by keeping our lips moist in His glorification and praises. As we all know that the highest rank in Jannah is for those who remembered Allah Almighty the most.
- We should cry and beg in front of Allah (SWT) to give us His mercy and forgiveness especially in the last 10 blessed nights of Ramadan. If we leave Ramadan without gaining the mercy of Allah then surely we are of the most unfortunate in this world and the Hereafter.
- Memorize a different Dua every night. They don’t have to be too long. They can be just one line. Recite them in your night prayers.
This Ramadan is the chance for us to change our lives for the better forever. So we must not miss this opportunity for we may not alive next Ramadan. Let us continue the good we acquired during this holy month and throughout the year. May Allah Almighty bless our time and accept from us on Lailatul Qadr. Ameen!